You don't need Social Media. You'll just advertise the old-fashioned way, right?
Traditional marketing has, and will always have, its place in the marketing mix for developing business. In today's world, though, traditional modes must be blended with modern vehicles of digital marketing and social media.
1. More people today access information (for anything) via Mobile. Mobile has become the primary conduit from which we search first for any information, person, or business. This also applies to searches about corporate or B2B firms. If your legal targets are in-house counsel, their own personal use of search via mobile may result in their first access to you coming via mobile - in order to discover your biography, firm history, diversity, firm culture, and so on.
2. ICYMI (In case you missed it...) - Apple's new iOS includes Ad Blockers. In late August, the Wall Street Journal highlighted the innovation expected in the next Apple mobile-operating system that would "make it easier to block ads on iPhones and iPads." One plus, according to WSJ, is that the ad blockers are expected to prompt more consumers to use the technology. That's helpful - if it proves true, you can more easily target audiences by knowing where they will be (i.e. on Mobile).
One question: have you invested sufficiently in content, in an on-going manner?
3. Content is a richer driver of conversations and relationships.
- You create and can post content freely, tailored to your target audiences.
- You can monitor viewers' use of and responses to your content (via comments, sharing, etc.).
- You can tailor your subsequent posts and Follow-up Marketing Activities based on the insights gained from your monitoring efforts.
Smart Insights provided a recent article reviewing the trend toward Mobile, and the impact on web design and design for user interaction or UX (User Experience).
Whether the new Apple iOS affects your Marketing Mix with respect to advertising or not, you should be developing a consistent plan for content creation and curation. Contact Flip Cat to learn more about the various social media platforms and avenues for developing and tracking your content.